I like ice fishing alright, but for the past few years I’ve tried to end the year with a fly fishing trip. I’m no purist, ask anyone, but I do enjoy fishing with a fly rod more than any other method I’ve tried. There’s just something about the casting,…
The 2016 Argentina Fly-Fishing Season Begins!New Clients: Save up to 50%, yet fish the same waters as a private lodgeExisting Clients: Ask about our repeat customer pricing info (see below)Join us and experience the best guided DIY walk-wade & floa…
The 2016 Argentina Fly-Fishing Season Begins!
New Clients: Save up to 50%, yet fish the same waters as a private lodge
Existing Clients: Ask about our repeat customer pricing info (see below)
Join us and experience the best guided DIY walk-wade & float trip programs
- By Argentina law, all waters in Patagonia are PUBLIC. This means we guide you (walk-wade and float) on all waters, even waters that are marketed as private lodge waters.
- Daily Fishing Plan: we focus on the best fishing times and spots. For example, we pick you up each morning and transport you to the river. Generally, we leave very early because we want our clients to be the first group on the water. This feature is critical in geographic areas that are dominated by the lodge industry (e.g. Junin de los Andes has seven lodges).
- Flexibility: you have complete control of your time/daily schedule. When you are off the water, you can do anything you want.
- Safety/Comfort: we put you in a hotel or private apartment, both within walking distance to town. You'll have easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, bars, banks, healthcare, and seasonal festivities. Each apartment has a kitchen, bathroom, hot water, wifi, and may sleep up to six anglers. Price range $50-$100 USD per night, total.
- We offer food/beverage services, but our clients prefer to buy and prepare their own food.
- We provide transportation to/from the airport, lodging, and water.
|Argentina Fishing Season: November 1st to May 31st.|
Why Visit and Fly Fish Argentina?
Argentina is the 8th largest country in the world and covers over 1 million square miles. Despite its size, Argentina is only inhabited by 40 million people. Half of the population lives within ten of the largest metropolitan areas. The other half of the population is spread throughout rural areas and in some parts of the country, population density is among the lowest in the world. This affords visitors the opportunity to entertain in modern cities such as Buenos Aires, yet escape to...
- Oceans of open land in Patagonia...equivalent to the America West +100 years ago
- Explore the longest mountain range in the world, the Andes at 4,400 miles.
- Visit the highest mountain in the western hemisphere, Aconcagua 22,841ft
- Stand on wind swept beaches and view Sea Lions, Penguins and Orcas.
- Drive to the end of the earth and visit the land of fire, Tierra del Fuego.
- Tour Antarctica, it's only a few hundred miles from Tierra del Fuego.
- Watch monkeys and other exotic species while fishing in subtropical forest.
- Feel the power and the spray of the longest waterfall in the word, Iguazu Falls.
- Witness one of the few advancing glaciers in the world, Peritio Mereno.
- Savor Argentinas famous cuisine (beef) and Malbec wines.
- And of course, wet a line in the immense network of lakes and rivers filled with wild Salmon, Steelhead, Sea Run Brown Trout, Brown-Rainbow-Brook Trout and South America's very own apex predator, the Golden Dorado.
Our Services and Pricing
Northern Patagonia (trout): http://fi rstcastflyfishing.blogspot.com/p/global-trips.html
Southern Patagonia (Sea Run Brown Trout and Steelhead):
Because each trip is 100% customized, we do not publish a price list. However, upfront, we do want you to know about our repeat customer pricing program. Despite horrific inflation rates in Argentina, our program is designed to reward loyalty. Here's how it works:
- If you repeat the same itinerary as the previous year, your pricing will be the same.
- Upon the third year, if your repeat the same program as year two, we may increase the price, but only up-charge by 10%.
- Upon the fourth year, if you repeat the same program as year three, your pricing will be the same.
We hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to do so. Many thanks and hope to see you in Patagonia.
Thought I would share with you guys one of my woodworking projects I just finished this week. My daughter mentioned to me some weeks ago that the children’s little table and chairs were broken. The table legs had come off and the chairs were all broken. So I volunteered my services to build a table and chairs out of solid wood, instead of the compressed wood they were using. The solid wood version should last the grandchildren for years. I have a small woodworking shop in my basement that keeps me busy with different project throughout the year especially during the slow fishing months. It will be weeks before I get to wet a fly because of all the rain we have had here lately, so I have time to spend in my shop.